|How To Use Data masking Feature In Grid Control [ID 736833.1]|
Information in this document applies to any platform
Data masking feature is available from 10.2.0.4 grid control. Follow the below mentioned steps to use data masking feature in grid control:
1. Login to grid control.
2. Navigate to "Targets" --> "Databases".
3. Select the database for which data masking has to be performed.
4. Click on "Administration" tab of the database.
5. Click on "Definitions" link available under "Data Masking"
6. On the page displayed, click on the "Mask" button displayed.
7. In the page displayed, enter the necessary details to create masking definition:
Step 1: Enter the masking definition name and choose the database name.
Click on "Add" button near the "Columns"heading to add the columns that needs to be masked.
"Add Columns" page will be displayed, select the schema and columns to be masked. Click on "Add" button.
After the columns are added, select the columns and click on "Define Format".
"Masking Definition Define Format" page will be displayed, where you can add one or more format entries of different types. You can also import entries from the format library.
Step 2: The Mask wizard generates a masking script to produce an impact report.
This step checks whether there is sufficient disk space for the operation.
Also determines the impact on other destination objects, such as users, after masking.
Step 3: Enter the host credentials of the database machine. A masking job will be created.
Step 4: Click Save Full Script to save the PL/SQL script offline. Click "Submit".
8. Verify the masking created from "Masking Definitions" page. Also check whether the execution of masking job created in step 3 above is successful.
With Oracle Data Masking, sensitive information such as credit card or social security numbers can be replaced with realistic values, allowing production data to be safely used for development, testing, or sharing with out-source or off-shore partners for other non-production purposes. Oracle Data Masking uses a library of templates and format rules, consistently transforming data in order to maintain referential integrity for applications.