Applies to:Oracle Server - Enterprise Edition - Version: 22.214.171.124.0
Information in this document applies to any platform.
To modify the private network (cluster_interconnect):
1. Ensure CRS is running on ALL cluster nodes in the cluster
2. As grid user, add new interface:
Find the interface which needs to be removed. For example:
Here the eth0 interface will be replaced by bond0 interface.
Add new interface bond0:
This can be done with -global option even if the interface is not available yet, but this can not be done with -node option if the interface is not available, it will lead to node eviction.
If the scenario is just to add a 2nd private network, for example: new interface is eth3 with subnet address: 192.168.1.96, then issue:
Verify the change:
3. Shutdown CRS on all nodes and disable the CRS as root user:
4. Make the network configuration change at OS level as required, ensure the new interface is available on all nodes after the change.
5. Enable CRS and restart CRS on all nodes as root user:
6. Remove the old interface:
Something to note:
1. If underlying network configuration has been changed, but oifcfg has not been run to make the same change, then upon CRS restart the CRSD will not be able to start.
The crsd.log will show:
Above errors indicate a mismatch between OS setting (oifcfg iflist) and gpnp profile setting profile.xml.
Workaround: restore the OS network configuration back to the original status, start CRS. Then follow above steps to make the changes again.
Please consult with Oracle Support Service if after restoring OS network configuration, CRS still could not start.
2. If any one node is down in the cluster, oifcfg command
will fail with error:
Workaround: start CRS on the node where it is not running. Ensure CRS is up on all cluster nodes.
3. If a user other than Grid Infrastructure owner issues above command, it will fail with same error:
Workaround: ensure to login as Grid Infrastructure owner to perform such command.
4. From 126.96.36.199 onwards, if attempt to delete the last private interface (cluster_interconnect) without adding a new one first, following error will occur:
Workaround: Add new private interface first before deleting the old private interface.
5. If CRS is down on the node, the following error is expected:
Workaround: Start the CRS on the node