ORA-29702: error occurred in Cluster Group Service operation
SolutionThe node cloning procedure from a RAC database creates a cloned single instance RAC DB, so the new cloned DB contains an extra thread/instance as in the original RAC environment.
The following steps will remove the other node's files or any existing information in the DB that might contains information for the other instances that should not exist in this single instance environment:
1. Shutdown all the instance in RAC environment.
2. Shutdown all the listeners.
3. Relink Oracle executable with rac_off option.
4. Remove all the parameters from init.ora which points to second instance and it is on other node.
5. Remove cluster_database parameter
6. Remove undo_tablespace parameter which points to second instance
7. Start-up the database in mount stage and execute..
8. Open the database.
9. After opening database you can drop the redo-log groups which are for other instance. You can
also drop any other tablespace of other instance.
10. Run the following command as the Oracle software install owner, and make sure the $ORACLE_HOME is defined before running the following command: